The Digital Visual Effects program is the only 8 weeks course of its kind in Nigeria. Facilitated at Kennysoft Film Academy, it will provide you with the opportunity to master industry-standard techniques to produce the photo-realistic visual effects seen in films that would be impossible to capture with a live-action camera.
In this certificate program's courses, you'll learn to work with the various aspects of the filmmaking process and bring them together into a seamless final product, while also developing your skills in industry-standard software. The Digital Visual Effects program will focus on the core skills to make you employable in the VFX industry and give you the ability to explain how visual effects contribute to the entire process of storytelling in motion pictures.
You'll channel your efforts into demonstrating these concepts and core skills through a unique final project, for which you'll produce a demo reel suitable for job application in the visual effects field.
- You'll learn the image processing, editing, lighting, rendering, matte painting, set extension, compositing and post-VFX techniques employers are looking for.
- During the program, you'll produce a marketable demo and self-promotional package suitable for the VFX industry.
- A field placement in the final semester will provide a valuable opportunity to work in the the real world.
- The Story Arts Centre, where you'll attend Digital Visual Effects courses, is located close to Toronto's downtown core and the major VFX studios. It also houses labs equipped with the latest tools and industry-standard software, to which you'll have access.
- At the Story Arts Centre, opportunities will exist to collaborate with students in the digital animation, game design, photography, broadcasting, music, art and theatre programs. These unique collaborations will allow you to network, learn and work with industry professionals.
- The program's practical, hands-on and entrepreneurial approach will prepare you for a sustainable VFX-related career.