The smartphone has revolutionized how marketing contents can be created, thank God for the digital revolution in the world today, promotional videos can’t be expensive as they use to be. How possible you may ask, you already know that in today’s digital age, promotional videos have become an essential tool for businesses and individuals to reach a broader audience and effectively convey their messages.
Creating promotional videos no longer requires expensive equipment or professional editing skills, thanks to the powerful cameras and user-friendly editing apps available on smartphones. With the advancements in smartphone technology, you can produce high-quality promotional videos right from your smartphone.
These videos can be used for marketing products, services, events, or even personal branding. While professional video production can be expensive and time-consuming, creating promotional videos with your smartphone is a cost-effective and accessible alternative. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to create engaging promotional videos using your smartphone.
Practical Steps On How To Create Promotional Videos With Your Smartphone
1. Plan Your Video
Before diving into production, it’s essential to plan your video. Define your target audience, message, and the desired outcome of your promotional video. Understanding your goals will help you structure the video effectively and ensure it resonates with your audience.
Factors to consider when planning your video
- Objective: What is the purpose of your video? Are you promoting a product, explaining a service, or sharing an event?
- Audience: Who is your target audience, and what do they want to see in your video?
- Script: Write a script or outline that includes the key points you want to convey. Keep it concise and engaging.
- Visuals: Think about the visuals you want to include. This could be product shots, interviews, or scenes that tell your story.
- Duration: Determine how long your video should be. Shorter videos (under 2 minutes) tend to perform better on social media.
2. Scripting and Storyboarding
Create a script or outline for your video. This should include a clear narrative, dialogue, and any on-screen actions. Storyboarding helps visualize how each scene will unfold and ensures a smooth flow of the video.
3. Get Necessary Equipment And Accessories
While you’ll be using your smartphone, having additional accessories can enhance the quality of your video. Consider investing in a tripod, external microphones for better audio quality, and additional lighting for well-lit shots.
Put This In Mind When Getting Your Get Necessary Equipment And Accessories
- Tripod: A tripod will help you stabilize your shots and avoid shaky footage.
- External Microphone: For better audio quality, especially if you’re doing interviews or narrations.
- Lighting: Good lighting is crucial. Natural light or affordable LED ring lights can make a significant difference.
- Editing App: Download a video editing app on your smartphone. There are many free and paid options available.
4. Choose the Right Location and Lighting
Select a suitable location with good lighting. Natural light often works best, but if needed, you can use external lights to brighten the scene. Avoid harsh or direct sunlight that can cause overexposure.
5. Framing and Composition
Pay attention to framing and composition to ensure a visually appealing video. Utilize the rule of thirds, leading lines, and balanced composition to create an engaging and aesthetic look for your video.
6. Record Footage
When recording your video, ensure good lighting and a steady shot. Use a tripod or stabilize your phone to prevent shaky footage. Experiment with different angles, shots, and perspectives to make your video visually engaging. Record multiple takes to have options during the editing phase.
7. Edit Your Video
After capturing the footage, it’s time to edit the video. There are various user-friendly video editing apps available for smartphones, such as iMovie, Adobe Premiere Rush, or Kinemaster.
Few Video Editing Steps To Get Started
- Import Your Clips: Open your chosen video editing app and import your video clips.
- Trim and Arrange: Trim unnecessary footage and arrange clips in the desired order.
- Add Transitions: Use transitions to smooth the cuts between clips.
- Add Text and Graphics: Include text overlays, titles, and graphics to convey your message.
- Background Music: Add background music that complements your video’s mood and pace.
- Export and Share: Once you’re satisfied with your video, export it in the desired format and share it on your chosen platforms.
8. Incorporate Branding Elements
To ensure your promotional video aligns with your brand, incorporate branding elements such as your logo, colors, and fonts. Consistency in branding helps reinforce your brand identity and makes your video recognizable to your audience.
9. Optimize for Platforms
Different social media platforms have specific video requirements, such as aspect ratios and video lengths. Tailor your video accordingly to meet the criteria of the platforms where you plan to share it. For example, Instagram and TikTok have different preferences in terms of video length and orientation.
Steps To Help You Optimize Your Video
- Resolution: Export your video in a resolution suitable for smartphones (e.g., 1080p).
- Captions: Consider adding subtitles or captions to make your video accessible and engaging for all viewers.
- Thumbnail: Create an eye-catching thumbnail that entices viewers to click on your video.
10. Add a Call to Action
End your promotional video with a strong call to action. Prompt viewers to visit your website, follow your social media accounts, subscribe to your newsletter, or make a purchase. A compelling call to action encourages engagement and drives the desired outcome.
11. Test and Iterate
Before officially releasing your promotional video, test it with a small group of your target audience and gather feedback. Use this feedback to make necessary improvements and refine your video. Iterative testing and refining can help create a more effective promotional video.
12. Share and Promote
Once you’re satisfied with your video, share it across your desired platforms and promote it to reach your target audience. Utilize email marketing, social media, and other promotional channels to maximize the reach and impact of your video.
Creating promotional videos with your smartphone is a budget-friendly and effective way to engage your audience. With some planning, good shooting techniques, and a bit of editing, you can create professional-looking videos that convey your message and help you achieve your promotional goals. So, grab your smartphone and start creating compelling promotional videos today!