The world of online marketing is forever changing, and one of the most popular tools used to increase visibility and engagement is Facebook Ads. With such a large audience available to you, it’s no wonder that businesses are turning to this platform to promote their products, services, and brand. One of the most effective ways to reach your target audience is through videos
Video ads are an effective way to reach a large audience on Facebook. They’re eye-catching, engaging, and can spread your message quickly and effectively.
Facebook has become one of the most popular platforms for marketing campaigns, and one of the best ways to reach a wider audience is through video ads. Videos can help your business reach more people, build brand recognition, and engage potential customers with your message
According to PubMatic’s Global Digital Ad Trends report, nearly three-quarters of advertisers plan to increase their digital video ad budgets between 2019 and 2020 and only 1% of advertisers plan to decrease spending:
Video ads have evolved from being one piece of your overall digital advertising plan, to possessing a critical role in engaging potential customers. In fact, HubSpot research states that more than 50% of consumers want to see videos from brands — more than any other type of content:
We all know the power of video marketing and its potential to drive engagement and conversions. But what about using videos for Facebook Ads? With billions of people around the world using Facebook, it’s no surprise that businesses are now turning to this powerful platform to promote their products and services. And one of the most effective ways to do this is through video ads.
Here are 6 reasons why you should use videos for Facebook Ads:
1. Videos Capture Attention
Videos are one of the most engaging forms of media and can capture the attention of viewers in a way that text or images alone cannot. Research has shown that videos are far more likely to be shared than text-based content, which means that your ad can spread quickly and expand your reach.
2. Videos Increase Engagement
Videos are also more likely to engage viewers and encourage them to take action. Studies have shown that viewers are more likely to comment, like and share videos than they are with other forms of media. This makes it an ideal tool to build your audience and increase engagement with your brand.
3. Video ads have higher a click-through rate
The fact that video ads tell a better story than typical banner ads makes the former not only better at engaging audiences but also getting more clicks.
According to a study done by Smaato, the average CTR of video ads in mobile apps is 7.5 times higher than for display ads. Facebook video ads also have higher CTR than image ads. ClearPivot, a digital marketing agency saw video ads exponentially drive more clicks than image ads for their clients –by as much as 20 to 30% more clicks.
When Cardinal Digital Marketing A/B tested a video versus an image ad for a travel and tourism brand, they found that with all other factors being the same, video ads generated a 47% higher CTR, despite Facebook generating higher impressions for the image-based ads.
Though video ads are more time consuming and expensive to create, their ability to effectively narrate your story allows you to engage more prospects and get more ad clicks.
Facebook video ads
Facebook offers advertisers a wide variety of video ads to choose from. They allow you to reimagine the way you reach your audiences with the following placements: in-stream, stories, and feed.
Here’s a list of Facebook video ads you can create:
- Slideshow video ads: The ad type allows advertisers to incorporate images and sound to create video-like ads to narrate product stories on desktop and mobile devices at every connection speed. You can also use existing videos, instead of using images.
- Stories: Facebook Stories Ads are vertical, visual advertisements placed in the Stories feed on mobile devices. Advertisers can use video on Facebook Story Ads.
- Carousel ads: The Carousel ad format allows you to showcase up to ten images or videos within a single ad, each with its own link. Advertisers have more creative space within an ad, which lets you highlight different products, add specific details about one product, service or promotion, or tell a story about your brand that develops across each carousel card.
- Collection ads: The ad format helps your prospects transition from discovery to purchase in a smooth and immersive way. Each collection ad features a primary video or image with four smaller accompanying images below in a grid-like layout. Customers who tap on your collection ad to browse more are taken to a fast-loading visual post-click page powered by Instant Experience:
- Playable ads: With Facebook playable ads advertisers can give users an interactive preview of apps before they download them. Users can also trial the app or game right within their Facebook feed, before clicking through to install. The ad starts with a lead-in video of the app, and then offers interactivity and/or playability:
- Instant Experiences: Facebook Instant Experiences are mobile-optimized and are designed to capture the complete attention of your audience. Within an Instant Experience, prospects can watch engaging videos and photos, swipe through carousels, tilt to pan, and explore lifestyle images with tagged products — all within a single ad:
4. Videos can be used to tell stories:
Videos are a great way to tell stories and connect with your audience on an emotional level. You can use videos to show people how your product or service can make their lives better or easier.
5. Engage with Potential Customers
Videos are an effective way to engage potential customers and give them a better understanding of your product or service. You can use videos to demonstrate how to use a product, show off its benefits, or explain how it can be beneficial to the customer.
6. Reach a Wider Audience:
Videos allow you to reach a much wider audience than traditional text or image-based ads. They’re more visually engaging, and they can capture the attention of viewers who may not have otherwise paid attention to your ad.
You should be using Video ads for your Facebook advertising because they are more likely to be seen and remembered by viewers than traditional ads. People are more likely to watch a video than read a lengthy article, and videos are more likely to show up in search engine results.
So are you convinced? Let me know how you’ll be using Facebook video ads in the comments section below.